Tuesday, December 15, 2009

For the Moleskine!

This is an entry for Avalon.ph's Win a Moleskine Colour a Month Daily Planner 2010! contest, wherein the following question must be answered: What are you thankful for this 2009? I always appreciate opportunities for reflection...not to mention an opportunity to win a Moleskine product. :D So, here goes! Wish me luck. :)



What are you thankful for this 2009?

The first thing that comes to mind is a milestone. April saw my graduation from UP Diliman and the end of 18 years of schooling. As a student I was above average at best, but the completion of my studies elated me as only a milestone can. I had accomplished something significant - it was a turning-point, the beginning of my life as an adult. An earning adult, since I had started working as a programmer at a local software company two weeks before. A college degree and a job; as far as I was concerned, I was all set for whatever was in store for me.

The second thing is learning, especially about myself and my capabilities. By May I had been assigned to a project with difficult clients; being new, I was given only minor tasks, but I felt the pressure that was constantly bearing down on my team. I was barely a month in the team when I started spending nights at the office along with my teammates just to get things done. Although some of us got sick from working late hours, we managed to pull through and finish our work. Fortunately the pace became manageable after several weeks, although our clients continued to be difficult. When the project was concluded in September and I was transferred to another project, I had already learned a lot about my skills as a programmer, as well as how much more I still had to learn. I'm very lucky to be in a company that actively fosters learning - not only do we have access to the internet and a well-stocked library of reference books, but we are also encouraged to share our knowledge with one another. I've learned a lot from the expertise of teammates past and present who guided me and helped me whenever I got stuck. I look forward to the day when I'll also have a lot to share with my future teammates, whether in terms of experience with a project or technical know-how.

Lastly, self-discovery and acceptance. Granted, this process did not take place only within the space of one year; it took many years, starting from the moment I noticed the gradual changes in the way I think and form opinions. This is where diaries come in handy - reading my old missives reminded me of the things I considered important (and worth recording), and my attitude towards them. This year marked an upward trend in my thoughts, mood-wise; I've been more positive, more open to change and more reflective. This in itself is something of a milestone to me, since I spent most of my formative years in a gloomy, pessimistic state. I've been happier this year than I ever remember being in a long time, and this is quite a lot to be thankful for. I realized a lot of things about myself which I would never have thought possible just a couple of years ago, such as my fondness for the color pink (I used to hate pink for the sake of hating it). As my friend put it, I've mellowed out. I love my life, and I'd love to keep on improving it year after year.

Looking back, 2009 was a really good year. I'm looking forward to 2010 and all it will bring. :)

12 comments:

Rich said...

Tina, tagal mong hindi naligaw sa blogspot. :D

Tina, ibabalita ko lang a; si Phaun pala ay isang poet. Sir Henry showed me a copy of his Romanian-written collection of poems. Harhar. Mini-book talaga. Ansaya!

joys said...

Re:Follow-up on the Invitation to Participate on a Filipino Political Blogging Study

Dear Tina,


I would like to follow up the invitation to participate on a Filipino political blogging study sent to you on December 15, 2009. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or clarifications about the study.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you very much.

Regards,

joyce godio
joy(underscore)godio(at)yahoo.com

打扮 said...

時間的銳齒能吃盡一切,唯獨對真理無能為力。........................................

邱志誠 said...

友情像一棵樹木,要慢慢的栽培,才能成長真的友誼,要經過困難考驗,才可友誼永固........................................

HarriettAckley0317 said...

上床圖片av圖片免費色情圖台灣性網陰蒂淫妹貼圖色情激突成人論壇成人色情網激情成人聊天室情色影音鹹濕女生自慰影片淫慾自慰色情a片成人色情圖片網情人視訊網成人話題成人色情台灣成人淫蕩a圖片情色留言板女生奶頭情色成人全裸美女圖片情色寫真裸體照大奶子台灣色情成人網站一夜正妹美女裸體寫真g罩杯美女sex520情趣娃娃視訊打槍視訊辣妹uthome淫亂走光照av情色網女生高潮成人自拍火辣眉眉太太陰毛美女視訊聊天全裸入鏡火辣av三點全露

0221DallasCockburn said...

may the blessing be with you.........................................

佩璇佩璇 said...

做愛色情片做愛色情影片免費色情論壇色情網小說色情秀性愛片試看性愛自慰高潮影片性愛色情片性愛色情影片性愛免費短片性愛刺激性愛呻吟性愛姿勢大全性愛昭式性愛敏感地帶性愛短片免費看性愛圖網東洋無碼動畫下載區亞洲線上免費杜雷斯成人貼圖杜蕾斯貼片區杜蕾斯貼圖片區杜蕾斯貼圖網杜蕾斯漫畫杜蕾斯影片分享杜蕾斯線上片杉本彩寫真集杉原杏璃影片男人貼圖站男女免費線上影片視訊辣妹亞洲情色風暴貼圖杜蕾斯成人拓網交友

怡均 said...

It is no use crying over spilt milk.......................................................

淑芳 said...

All roads lead to Rome. 堅持自己所選!

裕以 said...

A friend to everybody is a friend to nobody..............................................

1125HaydeeG_Mccray said...

成人卡通 視訊34c 母子亂倫聊天室 免費無碼片 台灣交友網 日本女優無碼 無名小站性感美女影片 影片試看 偷拍,影片 基隆聊天室 女性愛愛 性愛自拍 18成人網站 少女色情 洪爺成人影城 彩虹a片 情色卡通線上看 麗的色情小遊 一夜情a片 aio愛情館影片免費383 完美女人 玩美影城 性感美女 辣妹鋼管脫衣秀 人妻短片下載 熟女貼圖 a片下載 視訊聊天室 a圖看到爽 限制級寫真集 85cc免費看成人片 微風成人a片本土 嘟嘟 色情777 熊貓貼圖 援交自拍影片 情人趣味用品 免費脫衣 免費av片觀賞 洪爺影城 大奶阿尼 mofosex. 下載a圖 日本av巨乳 性愛光碟 後宮電影院18jack 限制級 live0204 免費看性愛影片 正妹走光露點

子名子名 said...

文章優,圖片美,就連回文都很有意思~~~ ........................................